This year Cyclofemme is doing a fundraising campaign, in partnership with World Bicycle Relief, to bring bicycles for women and girls in Kenya. Donating to the campaign is completely optional. If you want to pitch in, you can do it directly on Cyclofemme, through my fundraiser link (wink, wink) or create you own fundraiser (triple wink). Every dollar is welcomed!
When? Sunday, May 14th at 10:00 a.m. We will start rolling promptly at 10:00 a.m., please plan accordingly.
Where? We'll meet at the East Hill Plaza parking lot (look for bikes in the area behind the bank). The route is here.
WEATHER UPDATE (05/13/17): It seems the lovely Ithaca Spring weather wants to join too! I'm planning to be there rain or shine and decide on the spot. I changed the route, instead of going on the Recreation Way, we'll head towards Dodge (and avoid the gravel in the recreation way).
This is intended to be a social no-drop women's ride (but men looking to join the Cyclofemme festivities are welcome!):
- You need to be comfortable riding your bike next to traffic (we'll be on roads).
- It's ok if this is your first time riding with a group. Come give it a try, and if you like it, the WRR will hook you up in the summer.
- You must absolutely wear a helmet. Also, bring a water bottle(s), a pump and a spare tube (in case of a flat tire).
- Please make sure your bike is in good working order, this will help minimize ride interruptions.
- I'll have some Cyclofemme tattoos available, if you want to put one on, please plan your arrival time to be at least 20 mins before 10:00 a.m.